We had another volunteer meeting on April 16. We appreciate everyone who came out and braved the crappy weather. The key points:
- Alex Excavating is going to be bringing clean fill onto the site as soon as it dries up a little more. The existing soil on the site will just get flattened out as it’s poor quality for building features.
- Some time in the next week or so, the perimeter of the skills park area will be marked out so we have a better feel for what we have to work with in terms of usable land.
- A few folks volunteered to help with the detailed design of the park, and once the area is staked out, they’ll start figuring out where the features will go. If anyone else with some skills park experience is interested in helping with the design, contact email@example.com.
- There were some concerns expressed about the volume of fill required to build all the jumps as tables instead of gaps. This is a safety issue, and is mandated by FCPP. Hopefully we’ll get all the fill we need…
- Concerns were also raised regarding drainage. The site does have some slope, and there is a perimeter ditch in place. Drainage features will be built in to ensure the site does not become a giant mosquito pond.
- Access to the tools will be worked out shortly, and the first load of tools will be purchased and in the seacan by the end of the April.
If you have any questions or comments, post them at the bottom of the page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cheers!