We have received many questions about the progress of the Fish Creek Mountain Bike Skills Park, and we have not done a good job in keeping you informed. Here is what is happening:
- The design for the skills park is currently under review by Risk Management, a division of the Government of Alberta’s Treasury Board and Finance Ministry that assesses the provincial government’s exposure to legal risk/liability.
- Fish Creek Park management presented Risk Management with the professionally-created design in May 2015.
- Risk Management came back with questions about the skills park design in September 2015, and the CMBA responded to their queries in 15 days.
- Since that time, Risk Management has not provided updates to the CMBA or [to the best of our knowledge] to Fish Creek Park management, and has not provided any estimates in terms of when the design review will be complete.
- The Fish Creek Mountain Bike Skills Park has been approved by Alberta Parks. However, it cannot be built until the design has been approved by Risk Management.
That is the current situation. We are waiting on design approval. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding.